Monday, June 8, 2020

The Ballad of Lock down

The Ballad of Lockdown

Deserted roads, narrow and wide
Slithering across the city are lost among possession  
Of silent cyclones and screaming deserts.
Patting wrinkled leaves of green grass, I walk
Through the buildings - old and new
Watch inmates behind closed doors
Rewinding clock to a time long gone.

Creepers like bystander villagers
Hallucinated by the scent of virus
Grow wild in my arms and waist
I cherish walking back to your infected blood vessels
Taste the rain-wet solitude, and
Slowly peel cleavages of fleshy moments of suffering.

  I remember you yoked your lips to my bones
 Talked so much about me, and  
 the pandemic prison camps in the city
filling me with flavoured flares of funeral pyre.
Our friends weep when they see outlaws
Digging burnt gold-ashes from our graves of misadventures, and
Feeding hungry butterflies walking barefoot in our beloved city.

You and I know
The pathogens are so wise
They speak no lies, only inject   
 Silent and simmering hopes into our vacant souls.


.(Mrityunjay)

No comments:

Post a Comment